April 9, 2014

Lesson Plan: 3 (Semester 6)

First off let me say that I have finally gotten my first feedback on a lesson. We are over half way through the semester and this is the only feedback back I have gotten for a lesson so far. It was good. I only got one point off for...I'm not sure, but this makes me hopeful that my other lessons are going to be good too. Well maybe. It depends on the professor I turned the lesson plan in to.

Also I got an email from my cohort professor and I may have one less lesson that I have to implement at placement. That would mean that I only have this lesson and one other lesson to teach and I would be finished. I still have one other project I need to do at placement, but that should be simple.

Science Lesson; Living Things

Objectives:
  1. Students will be able to learn about living things by making a collage of living things by cutting pictures out of a magazine. 
Common Core Standards:
  • K.MD.A.2 - Directly compare two objects with a measurable attribute in common, to see which has "more of" / "less of" the attribute and describe the difference. 
Next Generation Science Standards:
  • K-LS1-1 - Use observations to describe patterns of what plants and animals (including humans) need to survive. 
Materials:
- What's Alive by Kathleen Weidner Zoehfled
- Magazines
- Scissors
- Glue Sticks
- Pencils
- Living Things Construction Paper
- Pictures of Living Things 
- Pictures of Non-living Things
- Living and Non-living Things Header

Introduction:
  • Ask the students, "What does it mean to be alive?"
Procedures:
  • Read What's Alive to the students and after reading ask the students again, "What does it mean to be alive?"
  • Then sort the pictures of living and non living things together as a class on the board.
Assessment:
  • Students will use magazines to find pictures of living things to create a collage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment