April 11, 2014

Student Teaching: Day 8 (Semester 6)


Thursday was sort of a confusing day in the morning for me because I bumped into my cohort yesterday and she told me that she emailed my mentor teacher asking to move my lesson to earlier, so that she could observe me and Anne. That wasn't possible since Anne was teaching a small group and I was teaching the whole class. Then I found that was not what she emailed my mentor. Whatever. My mentor had me working with the students when my cohort professor was there, so she got to observe me a little anyways.

This upcoming week the students have Spring Break, so I won't be going there on Thursday. Though I planned with my mentor teacher about teaching a lesson on the 24. This will be the last lesson that I will have to teach. I ended up not having to teach another class for a class that I originally thought I had too.

At placement I didn't do anything special. I always have work to do to help my mentor with. I began my day having to make copies of somethings. Then during groups for one of the centers the students worked with me using the ten sticks and cubes to make numbers.

I discussed with my mentor about my lesson at the end of the day and then I got to leave earlier again today. We were going to help step up for the grandparents event that was happening today, but our mentor told me that there was already plenty of people helping. I left shortly after 3.

I'm heading for the beach today after class for the weekend. This is the perfect time to do it because I don't have anything that is do this upcoming week and I don't have to prepare for anything for placement. I'm glad to get away and not to worry about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment