February 20, 2015

Praxis 2: Early Childhood Education


I have been waiting until I got my score report back on the last Praxis 2 that I took before talking about it. It had a written component, so I had to wait almost a month. And I am pleased to say that I passed both of the Praxis 2. 

I had to take two Praxis 2 tests. Praxis 2 Early Childhood Content Knowledge and Praxis 2 PLT Early Childhood. 


I took the Content Knowledge one first and was super nervous. I get extremely nervous when I take tests and this was worse because it was very important that I passed this. Some of the other girls in the cohort already had taken it and said it was easy, but I stilled studied because I feel more comfortable and better prepared. I had taken two practice tests that I had found online and did really great on them. 

While taking the test, I got worried because I felt like I didn't know the answers and that I was not going to pass. Once I answered all of the questions, I had about 40 mins left and went back over and checked all my answers. I stilled had 15 mins left once I went back over and just said I was done. 

When my score showed, I was so relieved to see that I had a passing score. I really wanted a higher score then I received, but overall I was pleased that I passed well over the required score. 

I took the PLT 9 nines days after. I knew I really needed to study this one because it was about the theorists and theories. Which I knew nothing about. I had heard some of the names, but that was about it. Girls in the cohort took this before and said that it was not what they expected. 

On the praxis cite there is a study guide and I made note cards about everything that was on it. I only had one practice test and I took that two days before the test. After completing the PLT, I felt really good and that I felt like I passed. I checked my scores about a month later and I did. 

I am just SO happy that I don't have to take them again and spend more money on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment