April 25, 2014

Student Teaching: Day 9 (Semester 6)

I have never been so tired waking up in the morning then I was on this day. I woke up about 25 minutes early then I had been because I wanted to ensure that I had everything that I needed to take with me plus I still had to get myself ready. Also I had to get construction paper from the art closet since my daycare center didn't have any.

My mentor teacher warned me that one of the students was coming back today from having surgery and that he might be in wheelchair. Everything started to go down hill from there. School had began and other students talked about seeing the student in the office in a wheelchair. My mentor already told me that she couldn't push him around because she still as a cast on her arm and doesn't want to mess it up. A lady came in with the boy along with his mom and the lady wanted my mentor to make all of these changes to her classroom right now. My mentor was busy teaching the class and had two interns to deal with too. Then in walks my cohort professor.

I already knew my cohort professor was coming, but she came at 8:15 and we were planning for her to come at 9:00. This made it even more hectic for my mentor. My mentor ended up not watching my lesson since she came early and just watched how I presented my prop box, so now I have my observations done from her.

During lunch, my mentor and me and Anne hid from the lady in another teacher's classroom with the door shut and the lights off. The day was little crazy trying to make sure the little boy could get everywhere.

We found out that next week my mentor won't be there. We have already met the sub before and it will be an interesting day with her. My mentor is giving us stuff to do and teach to the kids to help out the sub. I will be doing the morning routine with the students. Anne will read a book

No comments:

Post a Comment