April 4, 2014

Student Teaching: Day 7 (Semester 6)


Yesterday at placement went well. I did the morning routine and I felt that it went fine. My mentor didn't have anything bad to say about it. She only asked me how I felt that it went. Before the students came into the classroom, I asked her if there was a certain order that it had to be in and she said no. This helped me feel much better about doing it because I was worried that I was going to mess up the order, but there is none.

I finished everything for my screening project, so I didn't have to worry about taking time to pull my student aside to give him the assessments. This made it a much more relaxing day with not having to worry about having to get assignments done. It was a normal day. I would walk around and make sure the students were on task and if they needed help I would assist them.

I also do some quick assessing of the students on sight words, counting to 50, and counting to hundred by 10. I would pull the student aside in the classroom and ask them to count to 50 for me or read the sight words on the paper. This didn't take long at all since Anne was also assessing too.

Next week I'm going to be teaching a science lesson to the whole class. This will be the first time I'm teaching all of the students. I talked to my mentor about what to teach and she told me to teach a lesson about living things because that week they are learning about living and non-living. Anne is teaching non-living on Tuesday since we don't have class that day and we both can't teach a science lesson on the same day, so I will teach mine Thursday.

No class again today. I woke up early and looked at my phone and my professor sent an email saying she doesn't feel good, so we wouldn't be meeting. I don't think my Cohort Professor is going to be happy about that because we really need to discuss the Service Learning Project that is coming up and my Friday Professor is suppose to help us with the project.


No comments:

Post a Comment