March 31, 2014

Arts of the World Center

In one of my classes we have to make and Arts of the World center. You just pick a culture and activity to go along with it that the other students in the class will make on the day you signed up for.

At first I didn't know what to do for this, so I made sure to sign up for a later day. I was thinking of dream catchers, but two girls have already done this before my turn. The teacher did say it was fine to do something that somebody else has done, but I thought of something else that I liked better.

I picked Japanese Fans!

The best thing about this is that I already have fans that I can share with the class. I bought pre-made fans that they can decorate and design on their own. I was going to have them just fold paper and glue two sticks on the end to make it more like a fan, but I tried it and it didn't work well. I had trouble finding fans that wouldn't cost too much, so I ended up buying some online. I'm not sure that they are going to be able to decorate them though. They are kind of cheap and will break easily. i'm going to take paper with me, so they can decorate on them too.

Here is the board I decorated:







No comments:

Post a Comment