March 5, 2014

Embarrassed, Field Trip, and Spring Break

Before I start talking about the field trip I want to talk about something that is bothering me. I emailed my mentor my lesson plan that I'm doing on the 17 yesterday. I got an email back from her this morning.
  •  I made a mistake about saying there are no English Language Learners when there are two. In all fairness you would never know that they are. 
  • I also made a small typo. I was suppose to write hat and I wrote cat. 
  • Then she said I needed to add pictures to the rhyming words and that I don't need all those rhyming words either. 

I don't know why, but I have had a weird feeling ever since I have read it. There was nothing bad and it's not a big deal the little mistakes that I made. I think I just feel embarrassed. I'm not used to criticism or critique is a better word and I just feel odd, so I'm worried about going in today.

I forgot to mention that I'm going in twice this week. I really don't have to go in today since I have already completed everything for the literacy and language part for the screening project. 

Tomorrow we are going to the Science Center with the students. I'm super excited to go. I love the science center and haven't been there since I was a kid. I remember having a blast when I had gone, so I know the kids are going to love it too. I don't know exactly what the students are going to do when they are there. If they have special activities that they have planned while there.

On another note, spring break is going to be here in 12 more days. I'm so ready for a break from school, though the problem is having to work during that time. I'm also maybe going to go in to my school one day to teach a quick lesson maybe? I asked my mentor about a day and she didn't answer the question, so I'm not totally sure.

Update: I just got back from school and everything was fine. I'm teaching two reading groups and one is on grade level and the other is not. She said the lower group would have trouble with out pictures. So everything has worked out fine. I feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment