March 28, 2014

Student Teaching: Day 6 (Semester 6)

I felt nervous throughout most of the day because I wasn't sure if I was going to have to do a Read Aloud or not. We ended up not having time to which was fine by me since I wasn't sure what exactly I would have to do anyways. My  cohort professor showed up during reading groups time and I was on the rug by myself working with the students reviewing their letters that they were going to mail.

We discussed that she needed to come in and observe me formally during a lesson. It's best if me and Anne do a lesson on the same day, so then she can see both of our lessons. I just got an email from her and in it she says what days she is going to be in the area and the one day she is not going to be there is the day I was planning a lesson for. I don't know why she can't come that day and that's a really bad day to not be down there because the week afterwards the students will be on spring break that Thursday and on that upcoming Monday a lesson is due. Everybody is going to be doing lessons next week and the following week, though she is only going to be visiting one of the days.

Back to how the day went at placement, Today the students don't have class because it's already the end of the third quarter. Me and Anne had to do a lot of grading before the school started, during the day, and some more at the end of the day. Anne would post the grades in the online grade book and I would put them into their cubbyholes. We missed planning time with the teachers because we were grading and putting them away. We took down work their Saint Patrick's Day art work that was hanging outside too and put in their cubbyholes.

Next week I get to do the morning routine with them. Right now I'm blanking on everything that that is done during it. The students will tell you what you have to do if you miss something and really they are doing most of the work for it, so I'm not too worried. Anne did the morning routine this time and that's how it went for her. Besides this is not for a grade, but just to practice more with working with students.

I didn't have Friday class today because my professor is buying a house and today was closing day I believe for it. I also don't have class on Monday, so that gives me a nice four day weekend. I need it to work on my literacy bag and do some finishing touches on my Arts of the World. I also need to type of my cognitive report and work on a group lesson plan too. All of these assignments are due this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment