March 14, 2014

Student Teaching: Day 5 (Semester 6)

This is going to be a rushed post because it's getting late here and I still have things I need to do before class tomorrow morning. FYI I do write my blog posts the day before, so then they go up at the same time everyday that I post.

Student teaching today was good. I did my second lesson plan. I have stuff that I need to improve on. I got nervous because this time my mentor sat right at the table while I was doing my lesson, so I get more nervous. During the second reading group I forgot to do that actual activity with the students. I did my motivation, read the book, and jumped right into the worksheet. I don't know where my brain was. I didn't realize this until five minutes left in the lesson. 

It was not that big of a deal. My mentor said that she didn't even notice. She gave me a few suggestions. I didn't know that there was a evaluation form that she needs to fill out, I knew she had to give feedback, but didn't know my professor posted this until later today. 

On Monday when I did my first lesson, it was more relaxed and she didn't directly watch it. I just pulled a few kids from their center and did my lesson on the side with them. Also the kid that the lesson was really suppose to help wasn't there, so everybody else knew what to do since it was so easy.

                       

Anyways, Spring Break is here or almost. I still have class Friday morning and I have to work. My boss couldn't talk to me Thursday night about what is going to happen with my hours. I asked her if she at least got to talk to the owners. She said yes and it doesn't seem promising for me with what else she said. Work is annoying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment