October 24, 2014

Student Teaching: Day 16 (Semester 7)


The other intern did the morning stuff with the students. I walked around the classroom to help students as needed. 
I did a small phoneme blending and deletion with them after the morning message. I messed up with one of the words, but got through it. 
Then my mentor read story with them and then explained their seat work during the rotation. 
I worked with the low reading group at the reading table. It went pretty well. I did not go over on time and the students listened for the most part. 
I then taught the same group and one other group a new game for the center during the other reading rotations. 
Next was a science lesson the other intern was in charge of. Again walked around and assisted the students as needed. 
Sent them of to lunch and afterwards they came back for indoor recess. 
After recess the guidance consular came and did a 40 min lesson with them. 
Then the other intern was in charge of the short math lesson with them. 
I took them to music and when they returned, they finished the math worksheet and packed up to leave. 

After service learning my mentor was still there waiting for a parent to come for a conference and I stayed to see that. Which went quicker then I was expecting. I also watched my mentor discuss with another staff member about her lesson for her observation on Friday.    

Lastly, the other intern said that one of the students kept asking her when I was going to be back. That melted my heart when she said that. It always makes me so happy when the students are so happy when they come into the classroom and see me. 



Another rainy day. Of course on our last day. We had a short smart board lesson for sorting healthy treats that related to Halloween. We did some freeze dancing in between the lesson to get the students active. We had the principal in during this time for a little bit. Which was fun. 

We then were able to take the students outside on the blacktop and did freeze tag. Then we brought them back in towards the end and had the students share what they learned during this time. We then gave them a certificate. I think the students were expecting something bigger because one of the other interns said we had a treat for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment