October 6, 2014

Student Teaching: Day 11 (Semester 7)


Worked with case study student this morning. He didn't seem that excited to work with me.

I did not share with students what to do for morning work, pledge or take attendance since I was busy with student. 

went over morning work, calendar, morning message

Taught students about more reading center games quickly. 

Went to SIT meeting about two students just before lunch. 

When we came back the students were lining up for lunch. I took them to lunch and sat them down. 

The 1st grade teacher had planning. Again it felt awkward and after my mentor said it was a waste of time. 

We ate our lunch quickly because we then had to go outside for recess duty. We did get to talk about next week and a fluency lesson that I need to teach. I will be doing it in small groups which will be new for me. Recess duty was fine. 

We brought the students back inside and let them cool down for a few seconds. I then did the math block with them which was short since it was only for 30 minutes. I went over the math subtraction worksheet with the students. It went very well and most of the students were able to do it on their own towards the end. 

Some of the students had to stay while my mentor took them to specials because they didn't finish the bottom worksheet. I worked with the few students left to help them figure it out. They were able to do it and when I began to walk them their my mentor was walking back. 

While students were at two of their specials, my mentor and I 

No comments:

Post a Comment