October 10, 2014

Student Teaching: Day 12 (Semester 7)


Did pledge explained morning work. 
Went over morning work and it went very well. 
Did calendar and forgot to do the weather part. 
Did not do morning message since we had to do the OLSAT. 
Students took the OLSAT and they kept dropping their pencils. 
I took them outside for a little bit afterwards. 
My mentor changed her plans to discuss erosion because of what happened to the soil outside on the playground. 
Students talked about weathering and erosion then watched video before it was time for lunch. 
I ate my lunch and then went and got stuff for my mentor and made a ton of copies of stuff. 
It took so long making copies that I missed the kids coming back into the classroom. I got to take my case study student and work more and we got a lot done. It went much better working with him since I told him about the tattoos that I got him. 
We came back into the classroom and the students were working on math and they did that until it was time for Music. 
Some students got in trouble in music and it was funny because my mentor was just saying how she doesn't like the get the students from music because the teacher always complains. I had said he never says anything to me and this time he did. 
They came back and finish the math worksheet then it was time to pack and I left shortly after the first bell to change into my active clothes for Service Learning the Health and Fitness Club.




The same kid who went to daycare last week, didn't show up again, but apparently while we were outside his Mom brought him up and stayed until it was time to go. We decided to play kickball and divided the kids up into four teams.

My team lost because most of the kids did not know how to play and the one kid on my team who was athletic, tried to do everything. I felt bad, but he was good sport when we lost. The kids had fun and it was great. We told them there were only two more days left before it was over and they got sad.

I have really enjoyed doing this service learning and makes me think about starting a health and fitness club during my second or third year teaching. I am going to be sad when it ends too. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

Decided to write the blog differently because I just didn't feel like changing them. I usually write down a outline of everything that I did which is what is above, so when I go back I remember what I did that day. I just do not feel like writing out everything, which means I might be doing more of my blog posts this way.

Lastly, I wanted to share this video my math professor shared with us in class. It is so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment