October 8, 2014

College Organization: Tip 9

Google Drive

If you haven't heard about Google Drive then I suggest you listen to what I have to say about it and how this might save your grades.
List of what you can create in Drive:
Document
Presentation
Spreadsheet
Drawing
Form

Google Drive is a program where you can download the software for it onto your laptop/computer. This allows you to be able to reach all your files from anywhere from any computer/laptop. Instead of saving that document you need to work on a flash drive or emailing it to yourself, you don't have to do that anymore.

What I really enjoy about it is say that you forgot to save an important presentation that you have to do in class today to your email or on a flash drive. You don't have to worry because you can go through your gmail account and go into Google drive to get it. Or maybe you forgot to print out a research paper, just go to the library and print it out from your drive.

I always worry that I'm going to forgot to email myself something, but now I don't have to worry. I wish I had known about Google Drive when I first started college, so then I could have save myself a lot of stress and worry.

You can either create a document in drive or you can write a document in Word and then save it in the drive. 

There are somethings you need to know when using Google Drive:
  • You can't just access your files under 'My Documents' because then it won't save what you worked on with Google Drive.
  • You only download Google Drive to your personal computer. You don't have to download it again to another computer like at school. 
  • You access the Drive from other computers by logging into your Gmail account. 
  • Old Word documents can be placed into the Drive.
  • You can make folders in the Drive to stay organized.
  • Documents automatically saves as you type.
If you have any questions, just leave a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment