October 20, 2014

Student Teaching: Day 15 (Semester 7)

Did the morning routine, morning work, calendar, and morning message with students.
Then it was spelling test time. I gave the list one students their spelling test while my mentor gave list two students their words on the carpet.
My cohort professor came in during this time, but did not stay because I was giving the spelling test. She never came back to visit.
Today the other intern taught a lesson of reading a book to the students and then the students created scarecrows during their seatwork time.
I watched reading groups again.
Then did the normal lunch routine.
Had recess duty.
When we were walking back inside a student in out class screamed and his finger was red. Sent him to the nurse and I think it was a big that I found on the ground after word. that students went home early. My mentor went to give him his things and she said his finger was all swollen.
Then had math time for only a half an hour which the other intern also taught. I packed the students Friday folders during that time.
Students went to specials for an hour.
They came back and finished their math worksheet.
They then packed up and left.
I placed the scarecrows up on the wall outside.
My mentor and I discussed teaching the lower reading group during reading rotations for on both days. I also will do something small with phonemes after the morning message on both days too.

No comments:

Post a Comment