May 7, 2014

The Gifts

Tomorrow is my last day at my placement school this semester already. It still feels like yesterday when I first walked into the school and met my mentor teacher and she showed us around the school. It's crazy.

Anne and I worked together to come up with the gifts. We weren't exactly sure who we were going to give gifts besides our mentor and the principal. I know most student teachers would give the secretaries something,  but we never really saw them, though we decided that we would give them a doughnut.

Here sit he break down of the gifts:

Mentor Teacher- s'mores mix, chalkboard, and doughnut
Principal- confetti popcorn, and doughnut
Kindergarten Teachers (3)- confetti popcorn
Secretaries (2)- doughnuts

Now that I have typed it down it doesn't seem like much. I was talking to one of the other girls in the cohort yesterday and she said she bought a hundred dollar gift card for her mentor. We were going to do gift cards and only were going to spend $15 on it. $50 to me is a bit much for a mentor teacher that we only spent once a week with. We are still going to have more mentor teachers that we will spend more time with.

By the way, that s'mores snack mix is so so addicting. I got the big bags and I could have ate that whole bag in one sitting by myself.

Note: I will post pictures of the gifts Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment