May 28, 2014

1st Day of Summer Classes


It has been a very long day. I woke around 6:50 am to get ready for class and left for the road at 7:20 am. I got to school around 8:30, so I had about a half an hour till class. It was very creepy empty on campus and in the building.

I was worried at first that I was in the wrong place for my first class because there was nobody else around. Then the professor showed up. The professor seems really nice, but until I get something graded back is when I will make the final decision. The main focus for the class is a research paper we have to do. I have only every done one other research paper and thought I could get away with using that, but I had to get the topic approved by her first and she didn't exactly approve.

There is a lot of mini assignments that we have to do in her class, so when I got out of her class at 11:00 which was 15 minutes early I went to the lab and worked on some of the assignments that I could. I also did a lot of re-pinning on Pinterest. The break between classes was very long. I left an hour early before next class to make sure I could find it and ate my lunch when I got there.

My next professor didn't get to the class until right at 2:00 and all of the students were already in the classroom waiting for him. I really like this professor. He seems really cool and knows what he is talking about along with enjoying what he is teaching us. He has a interesting accent. He is Italian, but grew up in Germany, though to me he kind of has a mix of a British and Australian accent. Also he reminds me of Adam Sandler with his looks.

It doesn't appear that there will be a lot of work in this class like in the other one, Though I'm not sure because we didn't really discuss the syllabus besides him saying that it was half finished. So far we only have two tests. In the syllabus it's talking about an essay and doing research, but I'm not sure if we are really doing that.

I got lucky with traffic. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I got out of class at right at 4:40 and got home at 5:40. I was thinking I would get home at around 6 at the earliest, so just only an hour wasn't bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment