May 12, 2014

My First Car

I had so much I needed to do this weekend for classes this week and I didn't even get to it all. Most of it we didn't find out about until the middle of the week. Annoying. I had to put together my student teaching binder, work on my portfolio, and write my instructional plan and report.

For the binder I only needed to print things out and put them in the binder. The weekend before I worked on my portfolio and I just had to write reflective narratives for some of the artifacts. The instructional plan and report required more work and time, though I have time since it's not due until Wednesday.

This weekend I also bought a car. I have been looking online for awhile and knew that I wanted to get a Prius because Toyota is what my family have always had and rarely have had any problems with them. I wish I had gotten a car earlier in the semester, so that I didn't spend all that money on gas during it.

I was nervous about buying my first car and trying not to spend too much money. Lucky for me I have that grant for school and have been saving my money for years, so I spend more then I wanted too. In the end I did really good because the car was a 2007 with only 23k miles on it. It had rear view camera along with navigation and smart key. Pretty well kept up.

It's taking some time to get used to how it drives. I have been driving the same car when I first learned how to drive which was 6-7 years ago. Also learning how to change gears in a different spot and pushing the button to park it. It's all very different then what I have gotten used to.
I drove it for the first time to school and everything went fine. I was an overprotective mother with the car. I felt like all of the cars on the road were getting to close to my car. Then also, I almost have two cars run into mine because 1. They don't know how to use a turn signal and 2. Don't want to wait in the line of traffic and just want to pull in front of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment