May 9, 2014

Student Teaching: Day 11 (Semester 6)


I was quite angry this morning after I drove all the way to school to find I had an email from my professor saying that class was canceled because of an family emergency. I don't mind not having class, but it's the fact that I drove all the way there, was walking to class and then I find out class was canceled. The email was sent at 9:30, 30 minutes before class begins and most of us are commuters and we get there around 9:30.

Whatever. It is what it is. This was our last class before the final exam, so hopefully she will email us before then to tell us what is going to happen on exam day and what it will be on if there is one.

The last day! I can't believe that my last student teaching day for this semester is already over. Oh. by the way, I forgot to take the pictures of the gifts. It was nothing super fancy anyways.

I got to the school at 6:50 and my mentor teacher was already there. Me and Anne wanted to go early to get all of the gifts ready before our mentor got there. She explain to meet that one of the parents wanted to have a meeting with her about the student getting yellows on their weekly behavior chart. The parent was suppose to be there at 7:10 and didn't arrive until 7:25; five minutes before school began. 

We gave everybody their gifts in the morning expect for the kindergarten teachers because two of them weren't there and we didn't see the other until planning. The one teacher we gave the gift said that none of her parents gave her any gifts for teacher appreciation week and my mentor said the same thing.

The day was a normal day like all of the other times that i had been there, though I did have trouble with one of the printers and thought I might have broke it. Then one of the secretaries was able to fix it and I went on to finish printing.

Towards the end of the day the students went to practice their songs and Anne and I stayed in the classroom trying to get photos from her camera from the field trip. We also placed the student's gifts on their desks. When the students came back we said our thank you to them and goodbye. One of the students walked over with a book for me and Anne. They all signed the book and I thought that was absolutely sweet of our mentor to do that for us.

I'm really going to miss that school and I hope that I am placed there again next semester or at least during my full time internship. I do want to experience other schools, though I worry that they want be good or compare to this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment