May 26, 2014

Semester 6 Reflection


This semester has been a crazy one with all of the snow days in the start of the semester, with rushing to get assignments done on time, and trying to remember who is in what group for which class. Hopefully, this will be my most crazy semester because I had six classes and the next two semesters will be a little easier.

Things I wish they would change:
  • Schedules- They need to arrange the classes in a more orderly manner. For example, don't have the commuter cohort have a three hour break between classes. Also realize that we are people who still need to pay bills and have to have a job in order to do that and that's impossible with a crazy schedule. 
  • Communication- I felt there was communication problems of students with professors and professors with professors. The professors wouldn't explain how they exactly wanted the assignment done, so points would be taken off for something we didn't know about. The Service Learning was with two classes and the professors didn't communicate well either.
  • Grades- I felt like some of the teachers didn't give grades back and only gave them back once everything was turned in towards the end of the semester. I want to know how I'm doing throughout the semester, so if there is changes I need to make then I could have made them before the semester was over. 
I have gotten my grades back and I made the Dean's List, so I'm very proud of myself. I'm a little disappointed because in one of my classes I only got a 'A-'. Which is still good, but I really wanted an 'A'. I will have to work harder next semester, though I kind of blame the professor because she wasn't very organized.

There was one professor that I really enjoyed being in her class and feel that she really taught me how to be a better teacher. I am pleased to say that I will have her again next semester for two of my classes. She is the best grader I have met. She will go through each section on your report or lesson plan and not just give you comments, but suggestions to receive the full points.


Goals for Semester 7:
For my cohort class we had to write a paper about our goals for next semester during our student teaching placement. Two of important goals I said was......
  1. Differentiation - I want to do more lessons with differentiation because I didn't do that this semester and want to work more on being able to do that. 
  2. Technology - Again, I didn't use any technology in my lessons and I know it's mostly because there was not much technology available in the classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment