August 22, 2014

Professional Duty Day 4

Today was the last day for me to work in the classroom before school starts, though I wasn't in the classroom for most of the day. I believe on Monday's post that I mentioned that my mentor had to take her son to his freshmen orientation for High School, so I helped out in my old mentor's classroom. 

At 8 was the kindergarten orientation, so I got to see lots of the new parents and students. I was not in the classroom, but at a table doing a few things near the kindergarten rooms. I organized the new guided reading books, broke apart the new sight words and vocabulary cards, and cut out some laminated items for my old mentor teacher. I did see the parents whose son was going into kindergarten from my daycare center. 


Around 9ish the principal thanked the parents for coming, so by 9:30 a meeting started about a new program the teachers needed to learn about in the county. I sorted out the materials for my old mentor while the others went to the meeting. Going through all of that took me almost the whole time they were at the meeting which ended at 12:30. 

After that I did a few more little things, but she didn't need anything else and all of the kindergarten teachers were going out to lunch. I went back down to my mentor's classroom and noticed that the parents I talked to yesterday kid was going to be in the classroom. I moved down the book bins and personal reading book bins, so that everything will stay in alphabetized order. 

Then mostly I had to wait an hour until she got there at 1:30ish. Oh I did get to see them fix the Smart board while waiting, but she forgot her laptop so we couldn't do anything with it. At my lunch while waiting and swept up the bugs. 

This week has been amazing and hopefully we will had a wonderful school year. My mentor seems really nice and helpful, so I think everything will go well. I am really going to miss working on the classroom and can not wait to design my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment