August 29, 2014

Student Teaching: Day 2 (Semester 7)


I arrived at 7:00 right when my mentor pulled in and I got a parking spot. It was just another school day yesterday. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. I did less observing this time and talked to the children more. Like during the pre-math test I walked around making sure the students were on the correct page and number as the teacher. I did the same thing when the students were working on seat work. 

Also I read the story to the students and it went find. I do not know why I always get nervous about that and after the story I shared my poster with them. It was a great transition for the teacher to share with the students her interest bag, which they are going to make one too. 

During the morning time my cohort professor stopped by and said that I looked very professional. That pleased me immensely to hear her say that. Apparently she did not have nice things to say to the other girls throughout our cohort, so 

Right after the student were dismissed, the principal said he wanted to see all the interns. He introduced us to our PDS Coordinator who I meet last semester and we all had a chat about the collective hours and to make sure that we always note down everything that we attend outside of the normal school hours. They also talked about the service learning project and how they can help us with that too. 

After talking to the principal and coordinator, my mentor told me that she plans to set aside stories that she wants my to read to the students while she is making her plans for the upcoming week. Then when I was leaving I had her sign my attendance slip and she filled in the time for when I was leaving with an extra half an hour. That was so nice of her. 

I just got back from my first class of the semester today. It is an assessment class and I had this professor last semester and she is amazing at explaining all of the assignments. We have something called a screening part that is most of our points and she has us already getting started on it. I need to pick a child and send a permission slip home that needs to be signed. That could take sometime if they don't bring it back or they say no, so then you have to find another student. 

I know some other the girls in the class look at everything and just get so overwhelmed, but I don't. I know that will can do it all along with the other assignments from our other classes. Many other people did the same work load as us and they graduated with no problems. I think this is going to be a good semester with my mentor.  


Another Work Update
Lastly, I just want to say I am sorry that Wednesday's post was late and that is because of some work drama and long story short, I put my two weeks notice in today. I can't wait for my last day on Sept. 11, though I will dearly miss the kids. Its sad that it is ending the way it is, but I can not work anymore hours then I gave them. Nothing is going to stop me from graduating this last year and going on to my real career. I also did cut all my hair off, about 10 inches of my hair, so now for the first time I have shoulder length hair instead of hair down to my waist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment