March 9, 2015

Student Teaching: Pre-Primary: Week 6

On Monday we were closed and I spent this time preparing for my COL because I was beginning on Wednesday and my supervisor was going to come on that day. I wanted to start typing up my lessons plans since this COL has to go in my portfolio. 

Tuesday we celebrated Dr. Seuss Day and we had a blast. I made green eggs for the kids to try and most of them enjoyed eating the eggs. While making the eggs the burner stopped working for a few minutes, but my mentor got it working again and all was well. We read lots of Dr. Seuss books and activities that went along with each book. 

Wednesday was a normal somewhat normal school day. We had missed our counselor day last week, so we had this day. It was during out reading group time, so we did not have reading groups on this day. Also my Supervisor came in and observed me during my math lesson. 

Thursday and Friday were both snow days. I spent Thursday mostly relaxing and wondering if schools were going to be open or closed tomorrow. On Friday I did some shopping later in the day when it was safe to drive on the roads. I also did a lot of planning for the upcoming week since this upcoming week is going to be my teach week. 


Lastly, this weekend I decided on what I wanted to give the students and my mentor because believe or not this next week is going to be my second to last week with the students before I go back to my primary class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment