July 17, 2015

Future Classroom Supplies

I can't help but to look up possible items that I want to buy in my non existent classroom at the moment. I tell myself, this way I will already have an idea what I want to purchase when I get a job, so that is why I looking at supplies. 

I ended up creating a board on Pinterest to keep items that I found all in one spot. Also didn't want to forget about anything when the time comes to purchase. I know I will have a lot of things going on with everything being new to me and I want to get organized now. 

These list could change when I really do shop for my classroom based on what the school supplies and how my classroom is set up. 

Anyways lets move onto the items/supplies:
Magnetic Letters and Numbers
What elementary teacher doesn't use magnetic letters for reading groups, centers, and activities. I also got numbers now from my mentor teacher, so I don't need those anymore. 


Dry Erase Boards
Both of my mentor teachers had dry erase boards at the students seats and it made for a quick and easy assessment to check what the students know or learned. I already have lots of dry erase markers. 


Dotters
I have found lots of activities and center games that uses dotters. I think students will love to use them. 


Counters
Again, counters are something I feel that almost every teacher uses for math. 


Colored Paper and Sandwich Bags

These two items would be great to use differentiate activities and centers in the classroom and to keep them organized.


Caddies

I want to use these as a cutting station. I would have the students get them out when they cutting something. I also want to find something small to place paper scraps in inside the caddie too.  


Mailboxes 
I want to use this for the students mailboxes instead of the big piece of furniture since this takes up much less room. 


Book Boxes
I want to put the book covers on the back of student's chairs as their book boxes. I saw on a blog of someone doing this. And this would take up less space too.



Leveled Books
These mini crates are the prefect size to store the books inside and to keep by the reading table. 


ALRIGHT! That is everything as of right now. There are some other items on my board, but I am not sure about them. I may make a part 2 if I think of other things, though hopefully at that point I will be doing teacher supply hauls instead of what I am really buying for my classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment