July 6, 2015

Canceled Interview


In my June Wrap Up I talked about how I got an interview for in early July and now I am going to discuss why I canceled it. 

I got a phone call on a Thursday saying that I had an interview at blank school with blank person about a position as a head start teacher and an email would be sent to me. I looked up what head start was to make sure I knew what it was and I was right. It was to work with 3-5 year olds. 

I want to work in a grade level. I already worked at a daycare for 5 years and don't want to do that anymore. 

I ended up sending an email back a few days before the interview explaining why I was turning down the opportunity for an interview. I was originally going to do it for the experience, but I felt weird thinking that I would be interviewing for something that I did not want. It also would have been a two hour drive to the school. 

Hopefully more opportunities will be coming soon for positions that I want. To be honest I feel weird turning the interview down, but in my heart i know that I would not have been happy doing that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment