July 27, 2015

Application Woes and Anxiety

Trying to obtain a teaching position is not going how I thought it would be. I honestly thought I would have been on interviews by now and have been offered a position. I would be spending by weekends going to yard sales....but that's not happening like I wished. 
I had only applied to two counties. One of those counties is the biggest in my state, but I got so worried about not getting a position before the school year that I applied to another county. I haven't heard any as of today that I am uploading this and I applied a little over a week ago.

The day I applied to the other county and I got thinking about something and I emailed the other county, the big county, human resources department because I felt like something was wrong with my application. I already had the pre-screen interview, but was thinking the lady did not attach that to my application since it was a while ago. I tried emailing her and it would not go through, so I emailed HR. 
A few days later I got any email from the county saying I need to schedule a phone conference for the pre-screen interview. Though the email also said to ignore the email if you have already done it. I emailed back right away asking if I still needed to do it or not because I thought the teacher fair interviews counted. 

I got an email back the next day saying that the person I interviewed with doesn't work there any more, but the lady checked and said that my interview was there. I then got emails from recruitment saying that basically my profile can be seen by principals and they will call if they are interested. 

I felt so relieved when I got this all fixed because I was worrying that maybe my mentors really didn't like me like they had said and I had bad reflections. But everything is fixed now. I just wish I had done it sooner because now I feel like the principals would have completed their interviews and have finished their hiring. 

It has now been a week since I have gotten everything situated with my application and I have not heard from any principals. I got an emailed from my university supervisor last Friday or Thursday asking about how everything was going and I told her about everything. She told me that she doesn't think it's too late and that she got an email asking about her reflection and she said that usually means a principal is interested. 

I am just starting to lose a little faith and losing confidence in myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment