January 31, 2014

First Week of School

Monday:
 I feel like my mind is already overflowing from all the information that I have received and it's only from just one class. I finally found out today what school I will be going to and who my mentor teacher will be. One great thing about my school is from 7:30 am. to 1:55 pm. This is great because we have to be at the school as long as our mentor teacher is there, so when she stays after for planning it won't be as late as other schools. Most elementary schools that I know of go from about 9-4, so if the teacher stays after it would be much later when I get home. Also I'm sure if I mentioned this, but at orientation our cohort teacher said we would go to the school this week and that is not happening anymore and I don't have to drive to the college either. 

Tuesday:
I have two classes on this day and my first class doesn't start until 2 and my last class ends around 8, though my teacher for my last class said that we will always get out early. Which is really great for me. Both the teachers seems really nice and chill. The only complaint I have about this day is class is it's so late that it's absolutely dreadful trying to find a parking spot. I went up early knowing this was going to be a problem and I'm lucky I found someone leaving. I'm going to have to try and leave much earlier to find a spot hopefully and if I have to wait an hour before class starts then that's fine by me. I will just eat my lunch when I get there and take my tablet to read and work on stuff because I can't deal with that parking every week. 

Wednesday:
I left very early this morning to make sure that I got a parking spot, so I left around 10:30 and arrived to school at 11 ish and class didn't start until 1. I was able to find a parking spot, though there wasn't that many. I made sure to bring my tablet and i pod to have something to do and I also went and picked up my other textbooks too. I'll probably leave around 11 next week. Anyways.... class was good. The teacher ran a little late, but she seemed nice and I liked her. We were there the whole time for class, but the drive home wasn't bad like I was predicting it to be since I got out about 4.

Thursday:
AHHH!!!! So today me and the other girl that have the same mentor teacher as me, went and visited the school and went inside. We got to meet our mentor teacher and she walked us around the school. The principal came up and introduced himself to us. It was just a great time. We also got to talk to some of the kids and they were great. Secondly I saw and talked to a kid that used to go to my day care, so that was really great. The mentor teacher was very friendly and I can't wait to go back again on Thursday next week.

Friday:
Got home from Friday's class and I felt like there was nobody on campus. Class didn't start until 10 and I had no problems driving or getting a parking spot. Though when it came time to leave, trying to get out of the garage was horrible. Today's class was good. It only goes to 11:50, so I wasn't there for very long and now I have the rest of the day for myself and to get things ready for the upcoming weeks because I will be starting student teaching this coming Thursday.

Note:
My university must be trying to go green because none of the professors gave us syllabuses and instead said that we needed to print them out our selves if we wanted them. I'm paying how much for school and now I have to print out the syllabus myself. I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment