February 2, 2015

Student Teaching: Pre- Primary: Week 1

On Tuesday, the county was closed, so I did not go to the school. I felt bad because the girls in the other county had to go in, though it was a professional development day and they had a two hour delay. 

Wednesday was my first day meeting the students in my pre-primary mentor's classroom. I kind of miss the students in my primary mentor'c classroom. It won't be long when I am back in her classroom anyways. I mostly observed and tried to learn the students' names. My supervisor also stopped by on this day to talk for a few seconds and there was not much to discuss since we do not know much about the semester. 

I was so nervous about going in on Wednesday since it had been a while since I worked with my pre-primary mentor, but everything went well. This classroom is very different my primary mentor's classroom and my pre-primary mentor's classroom from last year. I talked to my mentor for just a bit at the dn of the day,but she had planning and I had to go to college from class. I was in class from 5-7 and I did not learn much. 

Thursday and Friday went well. On Friday I did the opening and it went well. I've come to realize that the teachers in the grade don't get along as well as I thought they did. My mentor told me quite a bit about some stuff on Friday. She has a pretty difficult class this year and she is just stressed. The thing was that she was not suppose to have all of those students and the one teacher has no students with IEPs or ELLs, so it's just not fair to have so many of those students and another has none. 

Though those students have come along way since the beginning of the year from the stories my mentor told me. Expect on Friday two of the students had trouble at lunch and I got to see more of what they are really like. Before they seemed pretty good and weren't having any problems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment