June 25, 2016

Next Year: Writing Binder/Folder and Freebie!

   This is something that I ended up implementing towards the end of the school year because it was really simple and I felt that I would be beneficial to my students.

   We had been using writing folders, but are folder were made from paper and were falling apart towards the middle of the school year. Now truth be told, some of this could have been saved if I had put their papers in instead of them, but then again that just wastes my time for doing other things. Also students need to learn how to place papers inside something correctly anyways. 

   I had seen on Pinerest the writing goals poster and I really loved the idea, though I decided to change that and place it as the front page in the student's writing binder to remind them what they need to be working on. I would meet with some of my students everyday during writing time throughout the week and we would check to see if they completed this goal or not. Their writing team would also look at that to help them when checking their writing. 

   Other writing tools in the binder included, alphabet chart, digraphs chart, vowels chart, writing checklist, sights chart, and color words.

   In my packet I have included different writing checklists as the year progresses because I start to expect more from my students. I also later in the year I will include the second sight word list, digraphs, and vowels chart. I add them after I have teach my students about them. 

   You can getting the whole writing packet for free at my Teachers Pay Teachers store

No comments:

Post a Comment