May 16, 2016

New County, New School?

   I can't believe that I am typing this, but I applied to a different county to possibly go to next school year. This was very unexpected because just the other day I didn't think I was going to do it, but I got to thinking about it and thought if I want to get into this really difficult county to get in then now would be the time while they are hiring. 

   I have a year under my belt and I feel that I have done good as a teacher with the situation and so. I just feel like I am going behind my principals back, which I am, but I have to do whats best for me. 

I don't know if I have said this before, but the county that I am in now seems to be struggling with their curriculum and there doesn't seem like there are going to be changes made. It is something the county designed and it is just awful. I feel like I have not take my students anything Science and S.S. related. And EVERYTHING is online. Kids now and days are in front of a screen enough. We need to put more books in front of them. I am not against technology, but we shouldn't depend on it from the beginning to end of the school day. 

I have an interview at one of their career events coming up next week and I am nervous and excited at the same time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment