May 10, 2016

5 Must Know Websites for New Teachers

   As it is coming towards the end of my first year as a teacher and new teachers will be graduating from college soon, I decided that I would share some websites that I have been very grateful that I found. 

   One thing as a new teacher that I was finding difficult was spending time trying to find worksheets and activities that I could use in my classroom. Now Pinterest is a great site and very resourceful for teachers, there is just sooo much that it can get overwhelming or I get distracted. I will be searching for one thing and stumble across others things that leads to all sort of things. I could be on there for hours. 

Below is a list of websites that you can download lots of worksheets and activities for FREE! Thats right, for FREE!

The Measured Mom- I have downloaded lots of the games from here. They were simple and easy to teach the students to play independently during reading groups. 

From Playdough to Plato- Again, another place where I gets lots of my education games that students play independently. 

This Reading Mama- I have gotten both great games and worksheets from here. One of my students favorite is the sight word guess who. 

The Kindergarten Connection- I have gotten most of my math games here that my students enjoy playing and learning. 

My Teaching Station- I have been using this website recently for my seatwork worksheets for my students. They have a good variety of worksheets that make it easy for me differentiate the work for my students too. 

Side Note: For some of the websites you have to look around for the link to download or you have to give them or email. 

No comments:

Post a Comment