February 3, 2016

Winter Sensory Table Activity

   I don't just want the sensory to be something to play in, but also a learning tool for my students. I actually use it as one of my centers that the students go to through out the week. During this month of January in my sensory table I have placed snowballs. My students absolutely loved them. 



   I was searching on Pinterest different and fun activities that I can do with word families when I stumbled across this great idea. Though I don't have the students toss them. Instead they have to just search for one, read the word, and then place it into the correct bucket. I did 11 words for each word family. I did some four letters words for my more advanced students.     It was so simple and cheap and something I could use until the end of the month and just add the different word family when I taught it with the others. I bought the same ping pong balls that the website suggested and there was a lot, so I didn't use them all. I am sure down the road I will think of different activities that I can use them for. 

   I got the buckets really cheap at Walmart from the after Christmas sales, but even so they were only 97 cents to begin with. Also on the buckets I wrote on duct tape and placed on the bucket so I can reuse the buckets for other things and activities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment