February 24, 2016

My First 100th Day of School!

   Now, I have celebrated the 100th day twice before at my internships, but this is different because it is with my students. I came prepared for this day because I knew it was coming and wanted to get things done beforehand instead of last minute like I have been doing with all of the holidays. 

   I had my parent volunteers help me make my 100 counting mat for the snack and the 100 crowns way in advance. I am just so pleased at how to crowns turned out. I had a moment of doubt that I wouldn't be able to make them, but I did and was very proud of myself. They took so work on making them, so I think next year I will do things differently. 
We made crowns just like these that can be found at A Spoonful of Learning.

  I was going to make a banner of the students entering the classroom, but then decided I wasn't going to and then on the day of I changed my mind. I was crazy running ll over the school trying to get it done in time and the students really ended up liking it. I of course kept it, so it can be used next year. 

Overall the students really seemed to have fun and enjoy themselves that day and it made me feel really proud. Also I hate to admit this, but I felt the others teachers were a little jealous of the crowns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment