August 26, 2015

New School Year.....and No Job

The new school is here and I didn't get a full teacher position. Which was not a surprise because after finding out my profile was available to principals until the end of summer most positions are taken. 

Anyways a few weeks ago I went in for an interview for a long term substitute position. There was a few spots and it was decided that I would be more comfortable in the grade that I had interned in. The down side was that it was for a teacher assistant. 

I wish I knew more about how much of a money difference there was between assistant and teacher then I might have said no. I will be there until sometime in January. I assist two teachers. One really good thing about this was that I get to experience more and different teaching styles. I also really enjoyed seeing what they do on the first day! It gave me some great ideas for hopefully my classroom next year. 

I can't say exactly what will happen when my time is up here. I know that it will be a sad time and I will miss the kids. Maybe another long term sub position will open up and I will be offered it. Or maybe he will know of another one at another school that I could do.

This is the first week of school and oh I am in kindergarten! I don't think I said that. Though the kindergartens don't start a full day of school until

No comments:

Post a Comment