June 29, 2015

June Wrap Up

So, It's just about the end of June and I thought I would give you an update about how my summer is going and how my search for trying to find a job. 


I worked on my cover letter earlier in the month and have sent attached that to my applications. At first I wasn't sure about doing a cover letter since most of the other girls in my cohort weren't, but I decided, after taking with some others, that I would. I just felt that then they would get to know be better as a future educator and what I want to do in a classroom. This way they can know if I am what they are looking for or not. 

There are two girls that have gotten jobs about the same school where they interned, but nothing else about the other girls. Honestly I am not worrying about a job right now because it is still so early. Teachers don't have to say if they are staying or going until mid July. 

I think late July is when I will hear more back from the schools. Now if it's August and nothing is happening, then I will start worrying. Just not now. I am enjoying my summer off and trying to stop myself from buying things for my future classroom. 

Update: Late last week I got a phone call about a job, but I think it is for a preschool position and I don't want to teach that grade. I am going to go for practice and there might be other openings that I don't know about that they might keep me in mind for or for other schools them might know. The interview is on July 1 and I will let you know how it goes. 
If you read my post called Books, Books, and More Books then you know that my mentor and another teacher at the school have given me a ton of supplies and books for my classroom. 

I now have a little over 300 books, an easel, activity books and ideas, pocket charts, calendar chart, posters, and some other things.  


I have been watching some tv series like House and now I have gotten into Pretty Little Liars. I had read the books before the tv show, so I kind of know some things that are going on. I enjoyed the series House until about season 4 when new cast members came in and after some episodes I got over it. Then during season 6, I got a little bored and began watching PLL. 

Also I began watching this new tv series called Unreal on Lifetime and I love it. Lots of drama going on and it's kind of about the Bachelor. It makes me wonder if they things really go on on the show.


I have been reading what feels like a lot this month. One of my favorites was Take Heart by Lauren Michelle Smith. My goal for the end of the year is too read 80 books and I keep track of my book goal on GoodReads. Though secretly since I am not working this summer I want to try and read 100. As of right now I am at 43 books and according to the cite, I am 5 books ahead of schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment