June 8, 2015

College Graduation Party

I had a small graduation party at my parent's house with mostly family and close family friends. I thought I would share some pictures of the decorations because I thought everything turned out really great. Also sorry about the quality of the pictures and for the fact that I didn't take that many. 

The party took place outside. We worried all day about when the rain was going to come. Lucky it was just a little shower at the very end of the party. We set up two food tables, a cake table, and one drink table. The day was suppose to be very hot, so we set up two tents where people were going to eat. 

As your going to tell from the pictures, the color scheme was black and gold for my university's school colors. 

Below are the pictures that I have of the decorations from the party:

This pictures are so close up of the decorations after the party was over. I wanted you to see them closer in case it wasn't clear in the pictures:





 This is a banner that you can see in the two of the pictures. We had this wrapped around the pool deck. It was the perfect size. It looked amazing. I wish I had taken a better picture of that. 
This was what was hanging from the ceiling in the porch along with black and gold curling ribbon. I wish I had gotten a picture of that because it looked amazing. I got the idea from my mom. She had decorated the ceiling one time for my birthday party and I loved it. 
These are two little containers I made to put the candy in. It is just candlesticks and dishes that I found from the thrift store. I then bought paint to paint around the bottom of them. I had gotten the idea from here. I also plan to use them in my room for something. I don't know what yet. 







BTW. My mom had this brilliant idea to buy a table cloth and then cut it to make runners. That is what you see on the dining tables with the graduation caps. This turned out perfect and were able to make four runners. We also ended up using one for the cake table. 

No comments:

Post a Comment