November 10, 2014

Student Teaching: Day 21 (Semester 7)


From about 11:40 till around 2:00 i got to teach the students all on my own. My mentor had a family emergency and had to leave and said that if I felt comfortable then I could teach the students on my own. 

It still feels so surreal thinking that happened. She let when the students where having indoor recess. I had them clean up at 12 and taught math, which I was planned to do already. At 12:30 I had the students line up and took them to specials. They then came back at 1:30 and I had them pack up. I read a book that I picked before the announcements came and the students slowly left. 

I stuffed the students friday folders before leaving because I wasn't if my mentor was going to be in on Friday or not and I didn't want her to have to worry about it. 

The students weren't on their best behavior, but they weren't crazy and nothing bad happened. I did send a student to the nurses office and she went home for a fever. 

But yeah. It was amazing to be in control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment