September 26, 2014

Student Teaching: Day 9 (Semester 7)


One this day I was teaching my lesson plan that deals with the smart board. My mentor got there a little late and we found out that the smart board was not working properly, so she decided that during my lesson she would sit at her laptop and move the pieces. 

I did my normal routine with having the students do the pledge, morning work, and calendar. I did not do the morning message with them because it was something different that she started with them. She had to also sit at her laptop while she did this with them because the smart board was not working right. 

After that she did a mini lesson on the students practicing their handwriting. They only practiced with two letters and were going to finish the rest on Friday. Then I got to do my lesson with them on onomatopoeia. It went fine. My mentor said that I did to explain the directions better for the assessment. I think the students did ok, I feel that they got the idea of the lesson and my mentor said the same thing. 

Then it was time for students to go to lunch and once again the students did not listen to wear I told them to sit. This time it was not my fault. Some of them tried to sit at the wrong table. 

We got them back after recess and the guidance consular came in a few minutes later to talk to them. While she was talking to them I was ripping out pages from the math practice books. Then once she left my mentor began the math test with them while I continued to ripe out pages. 

It was time to go to music and I took them there and brought them back afterwards. During the time they were away my mentor suggested to me about teaching the math lesson next Wednesday. They are doing subtraction and having them roll a die and I suggested having them use the smart board to use the dice tool. She really like the idea. I am not sure if I am going to make this into one of my lessons. I might just to get another one out of the way. 

When they came back she did some more of the math test and then it was time for them to pack up and leave. Once they left I had to sign a paper about being a proctor next week when my mentor is giving the students a test. So that shall be interesting next week. 

This week I only student taught once this week because on Thursday it was a holiday and I sen that holiday working on reports that are due for class today, Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment