September 22, 2014

Student Teaching: Day 8 (Semester 7)


I did my normal routine in the morning with the students. Before doing the calendar, I gave the students their spelling test. That went very well. After that I had them go to the rug and begin the calendar, weather, and morning message with them. They did a much better job listening during these times. 

During the reading block, I took two students at a time and introduced them to the listening center. I got to every student, but one. They all did every well following directions and being able to do it on their own. While I was doing that, my mentor taught the students and then began a center rotation with them for the first time. They did pretty well with that. 

Today was the first time that I got them seated in the cafeteria. It went pretty well with only one student didn't listen to where I told them to sit. I think that was partly my fault because I only told the first student where to go and I assumed that the next five students would follow. 

We had a short lunch because it was recess duty day. Recess duty went fine without any hiccups or incidents. Then them came back in for a short math time, since Thursday are a two specials day. While the students were away at Media and PE, I was busy packing their Friday folders. They have no school on Friday. 

Students came back early from PE and he said that they were not listening and so they lost the privilege of going outside. my mentor was telling me before that she wanted to let they out side if they packed early, but that went out the window. 

After school, I discussed with my mentor plans about next week. I will only be there Wednesday because of the holiday on Thursday. I am going to be teaching a lesson on onomatopoeia and I am really looking forward to teaching the lesson. It is going to be a quick short lesson because there are important things my mentor has to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment