September 8, 2014

Student Teaching; Day 4 (Semester 7)


My mentor had to do a few things in the morning, so I got to greet the students, tell them to put away things, and what their morning work was for that day. My mentor came back and saw everything was fine, so she left again for a few for minutes. I felt good doing that. Some of the students kept asking me where the teacher was and I said she will be here soon. Everything went fine and I would mind greeting them on my own more often. 

Today we had recess duty and nothing out of the ordinary happened. I did recess duty last year on my student teaching days, so nothing new. 

After recess, I did a read aloud with the students during math time. The story was called Click Clack, Splish Splash. I asked the students a few math questions based on the story and then my mentor began into the lesson with them. While she was teaching she asked me to cover one of the bulletin boards which I did outside of the classroom. 

Next was P.E. inside the classroom because the teacher had to give the students a mandated test. He arrived a little late and so left late too. During that time I covered the other bulletin board outside of the classroom. She can't hang the boards, but saw in another classroom the teacher leaning the boards on the wall and she has things she needs to show the students. 

Then it was the end of the day. Students packed up and were dismissed. My mentor and I discussed my lesson for next week on Thursday. Though for a long time I waited for her while she was learning about fixing the laminator during a meeting in the copier room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment