July 23, 2014

Overworked and Underpaid

This was the week where I told work that I would work every day this week full time. Well it was suppose to be this week AND next week, but I told them I couldn't do next week. Though about a week ago they asked me to work everyday and longer hours. It sucks. Hopefully we will get some new people soon that work till 6:30 with no complaints, so then I don't have to work everyday. The last girl complained and just ended up being really annoying and would just leave before she was suppose to.

Working everyday last week was not too bad, but I feel like my summer is now over and I don't even remember it beginning. I need to learn to say no to things that my work asks me especially in the summer.



The teacher that I have been working with is not the nicest and I don't mean to myself, but to the children. There is one girl that has some type of special needs, though we don't know what kind since her mom doesn't believe anything is wrong. It's just really stressful trying to get her to listen or to do what she is told. Then the other children don't understand why she gets out of doing what they have to do.

Today at work, it was so exhausting. In the afternoon we came back in from outside and the one girl I talked about above was awful all day and she only took a 15 minute nap. She does not like to sit still on the carpet, but the teacher wants her on the rug or in a chair, which the girl will do neither. We were about to read a long book and decided to take her up to the front and see if the assistant director would watch her for a little while and she would do not do it.

As I was walking back to the classroom one of the three's teachers said that I could trade with her, which was so incredibly nice of her. I have decided that I will NEVER help work for something ever again because of today. I forgot to mention that they cut my break short too.

I just can't wait for this week to be over. Also, and I can not believe that I'm saying this, but I am looking forward to school starting, so then I don't have to deal with work as much. I know they are not going to be happy with the few hours that I can do next semester. There is nothing I can about it because it's not in my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment