February 24, 2014

Laminator Plunge

I known that there is some tools that I want to buy when I graduate, which will be in about a year. Like a new laptop, a labler, a laminator, and possibly other items like a camera.

I might have gone out and bought a laminator already last weekend. Is it too early? I need to laminate items in my prop box and literacy bag. I figure that in my last semester when I will be full time student teaching it will get used a lot.

I did some searching on teacher blogs about what brand I should buy. I was leaning towards Paper Monster which wasn't bad for a price, but I wanted to buy one from the store, so if I have a problem then I could return it.
I ended up buying the Scotch TL902 at Walmart for only $20. Beware, on the website its priced at $37, so if you are going to purchase it then go to the store.

I wanted to match sure that the pouches for it weren't going to be too pricey. I found the Scotch brand 8.5" x 11" at Sam's Club for $20 for 200 pouches. That is a great price. On the Walmart website they are selling them for the same size at $14 for only 100 pouches. Way better deal at Sam's.


I have yet to laminate anything. I'm cheap and don't want to waste any of the pouches, though I'm very happy and excited that I took the plunge by buying this already.

No comments:

Post a Comment