February 7, 2014

Student Teaching: Day 1 (Semester 6)

The day went well. I knew from last week that they were continuing the 100 day events from the day before because it was a half day. We started out the day with a balloon dance party which was very fun and balloons popping everywhere. Me and the other student teacher, lets call her Anne, helped set up the place where the party was happening and helped to take it down.

Then our mentor teacher had us help students at the table in the hallway make a 100 hat. Then we had lunch and after lunch we had recess duty. It was so so cold out. While the students had lunch we ate in the classroom and talked to our mentor about stuff. After recess the kids had specials, so we got to sit in and listen to them planning and it was a little crazy because of the snow days.

For one of my classes we are doing a screening project and had to pick a child. I picked mine and now I just have to wait for the permission slip to come back.

The day just went by so fast. I think that this whole semester is just going to fly by before I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment