February 19, 2014

Assignments To Do

Even though the semester has already began and I have been going to class, I feel like I haven't really done anything yet. This is the first week that I truly feel that I have things that need to be done when I go to my placement.
To Do:
  1. Concepts of Print - I need to read a story to a child and ask questions like; Where is the cover?, Where do I start reading?, Where is the spine?, and etc. 
  2. Interest Survey - This is part of a bigger assignment, Screening Project, that is being turned in by parts. This is one item  in part A. I just ask the children a few questions about his interests  and write them down.
  3. Social/Emotional Observation - This is also part of my Screening Project for part A. I just observe the child for about 30 minutes and write down what he does. 
Those are just parts of the assignment that I have to do when I'm at my placement. I still will have to write a reflective narrative for the concepts of print and type up a report for part A of the screening project. It's important to make sure that I at least get everything for part A of the Screening Project done while at the placement.

I sent an email to my mentor teacher asking about the permission slip and asking if the about the above assignments interfering with plans on Thursday. She said the permission slip was brought back signed and I'm good with doing everything on Thursday.

I have a few items that I also need to discuss with my mentor teacher after school:
  • Prop Box Ideas
  • Pick family for Family Literacy Bag
  • Possibly teach small group lesson next week
Note: I just got back from class Tuesday night and the professor has decide to push back the Concepts of Print assignment, so now I don't have to do it this Thursday. I'm still going to do it because it really not that difficult and it's easier to just get it out of the way now.




No comments:

Post a Comment